5024417

9781412927161

The Professional Communications Toolkit

The Professional Communications Toolkit
$94.68
$3.95 Shipping
  • Condition: New
  • Provider: LightningBooks Contact
  • Provider Rating:
    84%
  • Ships From: Multiple Locations
  • Shipping: Standard, Expedited (tracking available)
  • Comments: Fast shipping! All orders include delivery confirmation.

   30-day money back guarantee
$24.11
$3.95 Shipping
List Price
$85.00
Discount
71% Off
You Save
$60.89

  • Condition: Very Good
  • Provider: Collegebooksdirect Contact
  • Provider Rating:
    95%
  • Ships From: Greenville, TX
  • Shipping: Standard, Expedited (tracking available)
  • Comments: FAST SHIPPING! Texts may have highlighting. Order shipped same day if rec'd by 1PM CST. Otherwise next business day. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Quality textbooks.

   30-day money back guarantee

Ask the provider about this item.

Most renters respond to questions in 48 hours or less.
The response will be emailed to you.
Cancel
  • ISBN-13: 9781412927161
  • ISBN: 1412927161
  • Edition: 1
  • Publication Date: 2006
  • Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc

AUTHOR

D . Joel Whalen

SUMMARY

Professional Communication Handbook is filled with practical, research-based techniques that will immediately make the reader a better communicator. Not just a book on ôhow to make a speechö or ôhow to write a business letter.ö Professional Communication Handbook presents a compelling, new vision of communication that offers little known and amazingly effective techniques for the novice speaker and stage-savvy pro alike. People get only 10% of your meaning from the words you say. What about the other 90%? YouÆll know how to manage that all-important 90% because Whalen bypasses traditional ôspeech-class body-language-centered trainingö and its focus on the speakerÆs gestures and tone of voice. Instead, youÆll learn a more practical system of communication trainingùone modeled on how top professionals in business, medicine, advertising, and finance speak, lead, and persuade. Electronic Communication: Today people tiptoe through communication landmines: voicemail, e-mail, and PowerPoint presentations. YouÆll learn to maximize your e-mail and voicemailÆs communication impact by using techniques favored by advertising wizards and broadcasters. Whalen gives step-by-step instructions for building high-impact PowerPoint slidesùwithout falling into the trap of relying on its bells and whistles. See how you can use tables and graphs to deliver your ideas and communicate. The Professional Communication Handbook is a comprehensive professional communications handbook written by one of the worldÆs foremost authorities on business communication. WhalenÆs methods apply perfectly to all professional communication, whether itÆs one-on-one conversations, or speaking at small staff meetings, or delivering a keynote address to a ballroom full of people.D . Joel Whalen is the author of 'The Professional Communications Toolkit', published 2006 under ISBN 9781412927161 and ISBN 1412927161.

[read more]

Questions about purchases?

You can find lots of answers to common customer questions in our FAQs

View a detailed breakdown of our shipping prices

Learn about our return policy

Still need help? Feel free to contact us

View college textbooks by subject
and top textbooks for college

The ValoreBooks Guarantee

The ValoreBooks Guarantee

With our dedicated customer support team, you can rest easy knowing that we're doing everything we can to save you time, money, and stress.