Spring break isn’t here yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get excited for its impending arrival. Don’t have anything epic planned yet? Don’t worry. There’s still time to organize something awesome and figure out how to pay for it. Here are some ideas on where to start and how to keep it cheap:
1. A music festival. You know what they say: spring showers bring musical flowers. With the warmer weather on its way, it’s also the season of music festivals, meaning you can pay a reasonable amount of money for a boatload of good music, so why not?
2. Couch surf. If you’re dead-set on getting away from either home or campus, then you can cut down on costs in a huge way by not paying to stay in a hotel. Instead consider couchsurfing. With 5 million participating members around the world, this hospitality community allows you to find and stay with locals—wherever it is you’re going! For free! Awesome, right?
3. Road trip. Road trips are Spring Break staples. Why? They’re awesome. That’s why. If you care more about who you’re with and less about where you are, then this is the option for you. Get your best friends together, convince them that life on the road is your next big adventure, and head out with a little money for food and gas. No doubt, you’ll have a good time no matter where you end up.
4. Cookouts! Seriously. What’s better then a hamburger cooked over an open flame by good friends? Or veggie burgers, if that’s your thing. The point here: staying close to home doesn’t have to be boring.
5. Catch up on sleep. Enough said.